Kelpeat and Kelpeat Plus are made of scientifically decomposed Coconut Pith. It is 100% Organic Manure and is an eco – friendly soil conditioner. It has appreciable quantities Of NPK and micronutrients.
Kelpeat Plus is a combination of a natural substrate perlite and established organic manure - Coco peat. Both are ideally suited for potted plants, Home gardens, seed Germination, rooting etc.
Physical properties of Kelpeat and Kelpeat Plus are as follows
• Bulk density: 350 to 400 kgs per cu. m. water holding Capacity upto 500 % by weight
• Chemical Properties
• Major Nutrients
• Nitrogen: 1.4%. Phosphorous 1.4%. Potash 1.4%.
• PH:5.5 to 6.0
• EC 0.50 m. mhos
• Moisture: 70-80%
• Cellulose 15.00%
• Lignin 10.00%
• C.N. ratio 25: 1
Kelpeat is organic Manure prepared from natural material and variation in the properties is expected.
Kelpeat is not a fertilizer though it contains small percentage of major and micronutrients.
Kelpeat or Kelpeat Plus should be used for hardening of tissue culture plantlets only on a selective basis. ADVANTAGES
• It improves water holding capacity upto 500% by weight
• Soil erosion can be reduced by regular application of cocopeat
• It helps to retain chemical fertilizers in the plant root zone for a longer period
• It reduces watering frequency in garden crops
• It increases soil respiration and helps plants to develop strong and healthy root systems
• It can be used for germination of Hybrid flower and vegetable seeds
• It improves microbial activities in the soil.
• Cocopeat Plus helps in breaking up hard and compacted soil rendering it suitable for growth, giving plant life a long lasting effect.
• It aids irrigation of new soil structure.
• It eliminates the need for topsoil.
• It also helps in neutralizing pH of acidic / saline soils.
• Seed Germination
• Potting Mix
• New Lawns
• Home garden
• Rooting Media
• Vegetable cultivation
• Dry land agriculture